Navigation Page

Friday 2 January 2015

Lucky 8 - Guest Designer Scraps N Pieces

Hi crafters,
Happy New Dreams, Happy New Days, Happy New Desires, Happy New Ways, Happy New Year and above all Happy New YOU!!! I wish you all the happiness for this new day of the year.
This time I would like to share with you the project I did for Scraps N Pieces for the month January with the theme "Lady Luck" and for the sketch, you can use it if you'd like
So, here's what I came up with. Here the packaging of a cheese before...
And this is after I turned it into what I wished to be....
I've up-cycled the packaging of Maxi Calvados (one of Camembert cheese). I covered all the holes around the side of the package with some toilet paper tissue. Then I started to do gesso all around it (except the backside). I drew no.8 on a thick chipboard paper and I hand-cut it.
I started to placed the embellishments(flowers, filigree, junks from my stash, cabochons, chipboards and buttons) before I started to spray everything. Once I did, started to do again another gesso, and once it dried, I sprayed with Dylusions Ink Sprays - Black Marble, Funky Fuchsia and Lemon Zest. I wanted to soften a little bit of the colors, so I did again a couple layers of gesso. Once I'm happy with the results, I used Cosmic Shimmers H2O - Purple Violet, Black Pearl and Yellow Sun. Sprinkle it again with gesso and black acrylic paint. The reason I did no.8 is because for an Indonesian with chinese background, we've been taught that 8 it's a lucky number. Short explanation, in chinese, "8" means prosper/wealth. That's why on chinese new years we tend to use "double 8" as a symbol of double joy/happiness. We chinese tend to use number 8 almost everywhere. As a telephone number, flight route number and even in a price points. So I chose this 8 lists to begin my new year with some new goals for my self.
Thank you for stopping by and thank you Scraps N Pieces for having me this January 2015.
Hugs,Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment