Navigation Page

Saturday 15 November 2014

Cherish - Sketchabilities Sketch No.127

Dear all,

how exciting to be part of Sketchabilities Design Team!!! This month is my first month to inspired you with the first sketch (no.127)......
and here's my layout for that....
I thought I wanna use these three photos anyway when I printed them. But I didn't know for what kind of layout until I've seen the sketch above. Such a perfect coincidence. These photos were taken last June in Indonesia. We were having holiday in my country for a month. She is my cutie pie. I would say she's my everything. Every second I thanked God that I have her.
So, here's the steps... I created a circle of gesso at the back of my photos and then masking it with circle form. Then I did a lot of stamping to create a stronger look around the photos using Prima-Finnabair (Vintage Vanity Collection-Threading), Prima-Finnabair (Vintage Vanity Collection No.4) and Prima-Create Memories. Here's more details..
I thought, if I made a little bit of an accent with the color, then the 'turkish' background paper will stand out even more, so I decided to add some Cosmic Shimmer H2O - Blue Lilac a little bit here and there...
I love flowers to be honest, but always at the end of a finished layouts, I'm having trouble storing my layouts because of the thick flowers I've used. Somehow, I got inspired by Anna Rogalska, she used her flower's photo into her layout. So I did the same and I love the result. :)

Would like to join the challenge that Scraps N Pieces made for November with the theme below
Thank you for stoping by and please don't be shy to leave any comments or even critics... would love to hear from you :)
Hugs,
Merry



7 comments:

  1. Cool. Love the burst of yellow blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congratulations for being a part of this great DT !!! I truly love your work, you always create beautiful and inspiring projects! Your page is simply amazing, I love these vibrant colors you choose and the way you used this sketch too!
    Thank you for playing with us at Scraps n Pieces this month too, I'm always glad to see you at our neighborhood !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... thank you very much Helen...! I always love Scraps N Pieces, my great pleasure to join you.

      Delete
  3. As Helen said congratulations on your spot as as designer for sketchabilities! Your work is amazing and i am certain you will inspire many of us to participate in your challenges!!
    Love your vibrant colors, yellow pairs great with turquoise!
    Thank you for joining us at Snp this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Aliki, my face's blushing seeing your comment and Helen's. Thank you very much

      Delete
  4. Υπέροχα χρώματα!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Καλώς σε βρήκα!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete