Navigation Page

Saturday 30 August 2014

Home

Hi all,
this time I was trying to make something different. I got this packaging from a camembert cheese for long time already from my manager, she gave me this nice cheese. Didn't want to throw the package away cause thinking of making something out of it. Which took me 5 months before I really did.
Thanks to Cards und More with their challenge theme "Pimp It!" and Just Add Ink ⌗229 with the theme "Bright, Fun & Happy"(Rainbow) with the moodboard below
 I finally made something out of it...
I decided to make a nice hanger for my wall. I thought the wood package was perfect to hang in our guest toilet. So instead of white, I used black acrylic paint to cover all the wood, but before that, I covered all of them with toilet paper tissue. After that I started to put all the flowers and chipboards and other embelishments before I sprayed it with pigment colour spray. 
The butterflies were stamped and embossed after I hand colored it with Dylusions Sprays.
The sentiment said "Home is where your heart is".
Thank you Cards und More and Just Add Ink for the challenge...
Hugs,
Merry

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Merry - you've put so much love and detail into this creation. It is beautiful. Glad you were inspired by our challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and interesting project. I love how you up-cycled the packaging. The embellishments are beautifully made and placed. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow,so great work. Thanks for joining us at cards and more and good luck!
    Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rainbow glints of colour are just like buried treasure in this Merry - its so detailed and layered. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great project thanks for Pimping it for us at CuM. :)

    ReplyDelete